2.01.2012

January Foodie Penpal

For Foodie Penpals in January, I received a box from Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife.  She is from Virgina and sent me some fun things from the Williamsburg area!  

Adorable Mug and Teas:  
First of all, I love tea!  Not only did Lauren send me three different teas to try - Southern Mint, Bombay Chai, and Citrus Spice - but she also sent me a mug!!  This mug is now a permanent fixture on my desk at work.  :)  I have to say that my favorite flavor was the Southern Mint.
Pancake Mix:  
I am saving the pancake mix for this weekend.  I have actually been gone traveling the past few weekends and heaven knows that I cannot get up early enough to make pancakes before work. :)  I am sure they will taste delicious.  
Peanuts:  
Two types of peanuts from Williamsburg - Butter-Toffee and Chocolate-covered.  Luckily, Lauren sent two bags so I could share...my husband loves the chocolate-covered, and I love the butter-toffee.  We snacked on these on our trip this month.
Brochures & Magazine:
Tons of fun information about Williamsburg and a magazine about Richmond, VA.  This was my airplane ready material on the way to NYC.


Mug + Tea

Brochures!!

Local Butter-Toffee Peanuts and Chocolate-covered Peanuts! YUM :)
Thanks again to Lauren @ Lawfully Wedded Wife!!  It was so much fun to go through everything she sent.  If you are interested in joining the Foodie Penpals, read below.  I highly encourage people to join, or at least try one month.  I have had so much fun with the program!


Foodie Penpal Details:


-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal! 
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. 

*Breaking news! This month we're going to do a trial run for our Canadian friends. I'm still not exactly sure how it will work with shipping costs and stuff for you guys up North, but if you're willing to give it a try for a month and provide me with some feedback, that would be awesome! Please note, Canadian Residents will be paired with other Canadians only. We've determined things might get too slow and backed up if we're trying to send foods through customs across the border from US to Canada and vice versa. So, I'm going to keep two separate lists and match US w/ US and Canada w/ Canada!
If you’re interested in participating for February, please send  an email to Lindsay at theleangreenbean@gmail.com and include the following information:
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)
-WHETHER YOU ARE A US RESIDENT OR CANADIAN RESIDENT. - this is SUPER important so I can get you on the right list!
I will need to hear from you by February 4th as pairings will be emailed on February 5th!

1 comment:

  1. Amazing tips for people who want to travel on a budget. Thanks for this!

    ReplyDelete