12.31.2011

December Foodie Penpal

For the past few months I have participated in the foodie penpals.  (See November's box and October's box here.)  I sent a box of local Ohio goodies to Alexis @ Fit-Possible (Check out her blog here to see what I sent her!)  My penpal this month was Tara @ A Daily Dose of Fit!  She sent me a fun travel-themed box with lots of things that are easy to pack for trips - what a fun idea!!  

Glittery Card :)
My box contained:

Christmas Crunch:  Christmas Crunch is caramel popcorn with nuts and dried cherries that are drizzled with chocolate.  This delicious treat did not last very long at my house.  :)
Starbucks Via Colombian Coffee (pictured above):  I have seen these at the store and have been wanting to try them.  It is actually quite good for instant coffee.  I will definitely pack some the next time I am taking a trip!
Fruit Leather - Mixed Berry (pictured above):  A nice little snack.  I have tried the pomegranate ones before but not the mixed berry.  Both have good flavor.
Flax Seed Packet (pictured above):  I'm not exactly sure what to do with this - I'd love for some suggestions!
Justin's Peanut Butter (pictured below):  Brilliant idea from Justin's Nut Butter - a little portable packet of peanut butter!  I am saving these for my trip to Nashville in two weeks.
Blueberry Jam: Blueberry Jam from Radtke Farms - has good taste and texture.  I am planning to try it mixed in to some yogurt or even warmed up on vanilla ice cream.  :)  

Thanks again to Tara for sending me some tasty treats!


If you are interested in joining the Foodie Penpals program, here are some details:
-On the 5th of every month, you will receive your penpal pairing via email. It will be your responsibility to contact your penpal and get their mailing address and any other information you might need like allergies or dietary restrictions.
-You will have until the 15th of the month to put your box of goodies in the mail. On the last day of the month, you will post about the goodies you received from your penpal!
-The boxes are to be filled with fun foodie things, local food items or even homemade treats! The spending limit is $15. The box must also include something written. This can be anything from a note explaining what’s in the box, to a fun recipe…use your imagination!
-You are responsible for figuring out the best way to ship your items depending on their size and how fragile they are. (Don’t forget about flat rate boxes!)
-Foodie Penpals is open to blog readers as well as bloggers. If you’re a reader and you get paired with a blogger, you are to write a short guest post for your penpal to post on their blog about what you received. If two readers are paired together, neither needs to worry about writing a post for that month. *US Residents only please at this time- hopefully we can expand soon!*

For more information on the foodie penpals, check out the details on The Lean Green Bean.
If you’re interested in participating in December's foodie penpals, please send Lindsay an email at theleangreenbean@gmail.com by January 4th and include the following information:
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)

1 comment: